Author Topic: Arcadeflow theme v 4.4 [Release] Updated 9 May 2019  (Read 38089 times)

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Arcadeflow theme v 4.4 [Release] Updated 9 May 2019
« Reply #315 on: May 16, 2019, 01:25:35 AM »
Sneak peek of Genesis console mode with vertical boxart. The code is dirty as hell, it's really driving me mad, but at least it works for horizontal and vertical boxes. I have to hack it even more to accomodate square boxes :D

PS: My idea of using a dummy artwork to get image size is not working since image size data is not available at the time of layout creation but only as transition_callback, so either I put all the layout creation as a function of a transition callback (a bit overkill) or I have to find a different way :O

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 16, 2019, 04:37:09 AM »
Not bad at all :) :D

And then you have cases like the SNES and others where the Japanese boxes are completely different dimension wise, going from horizontal to vertical. Since there's many good translations for Japanese games things can get crazy if you have those mixed like I have. For those special cases I chose the default mode of the layout and begone with it before going mad trying to use alternative layouts that used the boxart.  ;D

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2019, 04:41:15 AM »
I still have to check but since the horizontal and vertical box orientation is done “per thumb” it should mix horizontal and vertical boxes gracefully.

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2019, 04:43:12 AM »
Ah great to hear that. Similar to how the main arcade layout mixes vertical and horizontal games with snapshots?

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2019, 04:50:44 AM »
Ah great to hear that. Similar to how the main arcade layout mixes vertical and horizontal games with snapshots?

Exactly, the boxart is an adaptation of the standard layout. The square layout is a different story since in Arcade mode is generated when the theme is loaded so it won't mix (gonna change in the future of course).

Enkak

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Yesterday at 05:28:43 AM »
Very curious as usual to see the final result of your theme with those new additions to console systems. Your Display menu solution is really looking great here after added some images to it. :)

SFNMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: Yesterday at 05:57:33 AM »
thanks for the update

zpaolo11x

• View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #322 on: Yesterday at 08:58:08 AM »
Very curious as usual to see the final result of your theme with those new additions to console systems. Your Display menu solution is really looking great here after added some images to it. :)

Looks good!

I'm still working on the box art mode, it now adapts to square boxes too, and even mixed square/horizontal/vertical boxes. But still there's a lot of work to do like checking the blurred background in this new mode, optimizing the gameplay snaps for handhelds, checking that the code, which is still a mess, is not breaking anything etc. Maybe I'll delay some tweaks and optimization for further releases, I can't wait to release the box art mode LOL

qqplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Yesterday at 12:25:20 PM »
You are a genius :)