Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Scripting / Re: Possible Attract-Mode BUG: Listbox not fade correctly.
« Last post by zlagos on Yesterday at 05:04:35 AM »
Most likely you forgot to add sel_alpha property to the list

I've added all options:

Code: [Select]

::OBJECTS <- {lbx = fe.add_listbox(flx*0.76, fly*0.33, flw*0.20, flh*0.64)}
OBJECTS.lbx.rows = 21;
OBJECTS.lbx.charsize = font_list_size;
OBJECTS.lbx.align = my_align;
OBJECTS.lbx.alpha = 255;
OBJECTS.lbx.bg_alpha = 0;
OBJECTS.lbx.sel_alpha = 255;
OBJECTS.lbx.selbg_alpha = 0;
OBJECTS.lbx.set_rgb(0,0,0);
OBJECTS.lbx.set_bg_rgb(255,255,255);
OBJECTS.lbx.set_sel_rgb(255,255,255);
OBJECTS.lbx.set_selbg_rgb(255,255,255);

and problem remain the same.

General / Re: Roms work in AM but not in Mame64 (not kidding)
« Last post by informix on Yesterday at 04:34:11 AM »
It sees the roms and lists them with there snapshots and info in the UI.. I did add the roms directory and CHD directory to the MAME config.. And made some changes to make it looks better on my system.. And had to piece the X-arcade config stuff in there.. But it was all onesie twosie things.. to get this or that working.. 
Not sure what else I need to do.. Especially with this newest behavior..

If anyone has a good sight on how romsets really (reeeeally) work.. Hook me up.. All the stuff I google was either too high level.. or not what I need to work this stuff out..

It seems I "should" be able to upgrade my (admittedly small ) romset to the new version.. I need a database file and some program.. But after that the exact how to gets fuzzy.. And the pages about it show you ONE method and that is it.. and if something goes wrong.. well.. thats that.. 

i know this isn't AM stuff.. But thank you for any help or pointers in the right direction.!

Themes / Re: Hello-Nintendo Theme
« Last post by Dal1980 on Yesterday at 03:28:45 AM »
I always forget to set the Notify me of replies checkbox. I think it's the only forum I'm on that does not default to notifications on.

Anyway...

Thanks for your kind words akafox  ;D

I'm currently working on a System Menu layout/theme. It's taken a bit of time to gather all the assets although the mechanics are all working I think. I'll post that soon in a new thread.
Themes / Re: Robospin images wheel problem
« Last post by ^F117^ on Yesterday at 03:06:39 AM »
I have try to resize the images in 460x181,  but it's still oval.
Configure-->Emulators-->Generate Collection/Rom List = choose both your mame and your daphne systems and create the list giving it a name that you remember

Configure-->Displays--><your mame name>-->Collection/Rom List = your newly created combined romlist.

If you don't want to see the Daphne display when cycling through systems
Configure-->Displays--><your daphne name>-->Show in Cycle = No

If you want to hide certain daphne games from your newly combined list you can use the button you configured to edit games to hide these games from being display.
Configure-->Controls-->Edit Game = <your assigned key or button>

*Still I'd like to remove the parentheses / brackets from the rom list names is that easy to do ? If not I won't screw with as it doesn't bother me THAT much but I don't need to know in other words would like to remove the (US) VERSION / (World Version) as an example on Bubble Bobble 2 :

Configure-->General-->Hide Brackets in Game Titles = Yes

Also to note the odd thing is that I have 1600+/- games / roms within the rom folder prior to utilizing this method and I think it said the list it "generated" was 3,000+ ? makes no sense as I only have 1600 playable games.

Are you sure you don't have a Global Filter or another filter applied? You can look to see in the attract.cfg file or post that file here if you're not sure.

Also the "marquee" folder is JAM PACKED with thousands of games but lots seem to be missing withing Attract Mode. I downloaded the 1.5gig file from emumovies. Why do I have so many missing marquees when that file is gigantic should have all of them ? But they aren't all showing up ?

You can look look to see if the rom file names match the image file names in the folder you have defined. You can also look at the console/command line after you exit AM and see any errors or issue locating or loading the image files.
So I think that certain layouts / pages with different emulators need not be separated. Especially to me Dragon's Lair is an Arcade Game & doesn't necessitate it's own layout aka a daphne screen. IMO Same thing with Neo Geo games etc... Any ways back on topic I'm looking to essentially get Dragon's Lair on my MAME Wheel / Arcade Layout Page thankfully Dragon's Lair is fully working within attract mode so that's huge!!

(Although Space Ace seems to want to load, goes to the screen and I get the BSOD as in Black Screen Of Death After the title/space ace logo, Dragon's Lair II BSOD aka black screen of death without anything else. The three of these games I simply transferred over from my PC / Hyperspin & all of those were working on that system, I got Dragon's Lair to work perfectly from a gameroom solution thread which can be found here & If this isn't already stickied or reworked worded for Attract Mode forums it should be as this was immensely helpful in getting the game to work within attract mode etc:

https://gameroomsolutions.com/setup-daphne-raspberry-pi-3-retropie/

It would be nice to get all three of those working, I'm confused as I followed the same method on all three !

Any ways really this threads focus is to be able to incorporate Dragon's Lair (Since that's all I have working of the three laser disc games) within my MAME / Arcade Layout using Daphne as it does now without needing to hop to another layout / daphne specific page.

You need to install advance mame you can not pull the xml out of it and use it.

Here is your problem... to generate an xml file (at least in mame) you call mame FIRST then add the command option to make it spit out the xml.

So you MUST point attract mode to the mame executable and then it reads the xlm inside the exe (sort of)

So yes:
1.download and install advance mame on to your pi using the retropie menu.
2. edit the mame/arcade/ emulator config file (example arcade.cfg) you can edit it directly from the pi or through ssh

follow my guide link above.

if you are still stuck...

if there is no exe file (or bin in this case for linux) then you CAN NOT generate a list because again when you generate the list using the option..it looks for the executable so that it can make it cough up the xml...no executable no xml period.
That is how most (if not all) emulators generate the names list..the mame core is not a "real" executable..thus not xml..or long file name list (dkong instead of donkey kong)

That being said..are you connected to the internet when you generate your list? if you are before you generate your list..make sure you are conected to the internet and change the info source to the gamesdb.net..NOW try to generate your list it SHOULD work...

if you can not get on line with your pi (and I assume you can) or the gamesbd is down for whatever reason...THEN you can try the "hard way" as a last resort (following my guide)

another option is to set up attract mode on your PC and download advance mame and set up attract mode to use advance mame as the executable, tell it where your roms are, and then use the listxml as a source. you can then copy the game list over to the pi and overwrite the old one

if you are still stuck let me know

OK before I proceed...  Apparently I didn't realize but I already have "advance mame 1.4 installed" is that correct because I also see advance mame as well as advance mame 0.94. Prior to proceeding I don't want to confuse my pi / software by adding other versions that's not needed.

Forgetting about me having that software installed even IF it's what's needed I looked at your other post and it really doesn't help me I'm still stuck.  If I can get a step by step of what to do I'd appreciate it.

also I looked at this means nothing to me it's not really explained well enough I appologize
"# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
#
executable           /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh
args                 0 _SYS_ arcade  "[romfilename]"
rompath              /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/arcade
romext               .zip
system               Arcade
info_source          listxml
import_extras        /home/pi/.attract/mame-config"

I don't see that file : "That is part of your mame (Advance).cfg above.." or where can I locate it within WinSCP ? I would imagine it's somewhere here ?? :

Again I can surf through WinSCP and find config files etc, I just need to know what needs to be done to properly generate the game list I don't understand why it's so frustrating to do such a simple task.

I think I might of found the .cfg I need.... but still confused what I gotta do with it lol ?

YES YES YES YES YES!!!! Finally ! WORKING ! THANKS GUYS For helping me out !

*Still I'd like to remove the parentheses / brackets from the rom list names is that easy to do ? If not I won't screw with as it doesn't bother me THAT much but I don't need to know in other words would like to remove the (US) VERSION / (World Version) as an example on Bubble Bobble 2 :

Also to note the odd thing is that I have 1600+/- games / roms within the rom folder prior to utilizing this method and I think it said the list it "generated" was 3,000+ ? makes no sense as I only have 1600 playable games.

Also the "marquee" folder is JAM PACKED with thousands of games but lots seem to be missing withing Attract Mode. I downloaded the 1.5gig file from emumovies. Why do I have so many missing marquees when that file is gigantic should have all of them ? But they aren't all showing up ?
You need to install advance mame you can not pull the xml out of it and use it.

Here is your problem... to generate an xml file (at least in mame) you call mame FIRST then add the command option to make it spit out the xml.

So you MUST point attract mode to the mame executable and then it reads the xlm inside the exe (sort of)

So yes:
1.download and install advance mame on to your pi using the retropie menu.
2. edit the mame/arcade/ emulator config file (example arcade.cfg) you can edit it directly from the pi or through ssh

follow my guide link above.

if you are still stuck...

if there is no exe file (or bin in this case for linux) then you CAN NOT generate a list because again when you generate the list using the option..it looks for the executable so that it can make it cough up the xml...no executable no xml period.
That is how most (if not all) emulators generate the names list..the mame core is not a "real" executable..thus not xml..or long file name list (dkong instead of donkey kong)

That being said..are you connected to the internet when you generate your list? if you are before you generate your list..make sure you are conected to the internet and change the info source to the gamesdb.net..NOW try to generate your list it SHOULD work...

if you can not get on line with your pi (and I assume you can) or the gamesbd is down for whatever reason...THEN you can try the "hard way" as a last resort (following my guide)

another option is to set up attract mode on your PC and download advance mame and set up attract mode to use advance mame as the executable, tell it where your roms are, and then use the listxml as a source. you can then copy the game list over to the pi and overwrite the old one

if you are still stuck let me know
*facepaws*oh yeah..DUH!  ::)

okay pibuilder you CAN NOT use the listxml option to make a list on the pi...retroarch cores do NOT have that option. You MUST use a "real" emulator (in this case advance mame) because it has a list xml to build a proper list from.

How ever...

You SHOULD be able t0 build one making sure that you are connected to thin internet and you choose the games.db as a source for information. Note that if the games.db is down for ANY reason..you're toast..(i.e. no list). The best thing to do like  progets said is to try my method http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=1764.msg12450

Still confused getting this working... can I download from windows onto my desktop Advance MAME; somehow just drag & drop a file (.xml file it produces ?) into my RPI3B+ Using WinSCP ? I tried this already as Attract Mode doesn't seem to care about .xml files within my rom folder. Still not really clear on this process, or do I need to exit out of Attract Mode, go back into Emulation Station, Download under experimental packages Advance Mame on the RPI3B+ At that point I'm still confused about what to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10