Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Scripting / Re: crt_lottes horizontal scan lines?
« Last post by keilmillerjr on Yesterday at 08:03:48 PM »
I resolved the issue. Just need to clean up code and then push to github. Wasn’t easy figuring out because I literally have no clue what I am looking at. :o

Within the shadow mask function:
Code: [Select]
pos.xy=pos.yx;
Scripting / Re: ScrollingText module doesn't work?
« Last post by jedione on Yesterday at 05:43:15 PM »
earlier in the year this is what liquid8d had to say abought it when i asked the same Q:

"So the problem here is when I wrote this, there wasn't a way to get accurate length in pixels of the text, based on the font and text size. By default it attempts to guess at the length based on the length of the text and the charsize set. This might not be accurate especially if you are using magic token variables, so you might have to set a fixed width of the actual text object using scroller.fixed_width = ? - Of course, then it may cut off longer text so you will have to decide what works best for you.

There is supposed to be a way now in AM to get a measurement, but when I was testing it I couldn't get it to work properly."

scroller.fixed_width =
not tested!
Scripting / Re: ScrollingText module doesn't work?
« Last post by Arcadefan1 on Yesterday at 11:47:26 AM »
Has someone figured out a way to calculate the width of a string (magic tokens)? I would love to repeat the scrolling immediately when the end is reached and not have to use a fixed width...
Scripting / Controlling volume of videos?
« Last post by Asterra on Yesterday at 08:21:47 AM »
I know there's a way to mute videos.  But what I'm after is a way to specify their volume (0-100).  Fact of the matter is that some videos are too loud, some too quiet, and this phenomenon tends to affect whole video sets, so I aim to do what I can to balance volume across all displays.
General / Re: Launching native Linux games?
« Last post by bionictoothpick on Yesterday at 08:04:44 AM »
Has this been solved?
General / Launching a linux native game...
« Last post by bionictoothpick on Yesterday at 07:49:54 AM »
If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to where to post it:

I am running a version of attractmode on a raspberry pi.

I want to launch xscavenger (a lode runner like game) that requires X.

Not sure how to do it...

Emulators / Re: Please post Dolphin Settings!
« Last post by MKAndy on Yesterday at 04:53:24 AM »
thanks for the reply I will try that later, in the meantime I am using the batchfiles to launch the game uder the windows_games emulator :)
General / Re: RetroPie Build - What games do you use alternate emulators?
« Last post by 32assassin on July 21, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »
I'm also running this on a PI3, as you mentioned if I was on a PC I would be using Hyperspin and the latest version of MAME

your right to each their own.
 I spent allot of time removing duplicate games and trying to fix broken games
you asked what emulators people where using to make everything more playable. I gave you my solution

the only major problem with MAME2010 is that it only supports 2 joysticks.  not a major problem since most people only have 2 joysticks connected to their system.
( I removed all the 4 player games from my list and  added the 2 player clones)
I don't know about the High score support,  but I know their is no  Nag screen for MAME2010.

if its broken I'm sure I can go into the Retroarch config menu and fix it along with the Williams problem.
I only need to update the folder paths to match the ones for MAME2003

« Last post by progets on July 21, 2017, 02:45:39 PM »
mame2003 is a complete joke,  I started to filter my game list and noticed that over 100 broken games,  but those same games do work on mame2010

Michael Jackson moon Walker  --> parent does not work,  but the clone game works???????????
the majority of Capcom games don't work,

I set mame2010 as my default emulator  *you will need to rebuild your roms to MAME 0.139
games that don't work on MAME are run on the Lr-Fbalpha core
NegoGeo MVS runs on FBA
Most of the Capcom games --> FBA
Cave  --> FBA
Poly Master Games --> FBA

I only have the Williams games running on MAME2003,  as you know Williams game need to generate a cfg file (when you first load a game).
they don't do that when you run them on MAME2010

I personally find mame2003 the most compatible. It also gets rid of the nag screens and saves hi scores. It obviously doesn't run every game and thus the reason for this thread.

To each their own. When dealing with a Raspberry Pi you do need a mix of MAME emulators to get more games to play properly. If you have the horse power of a PC you can just run the latest MAME and everything just works.
« Last post by 32assassin on July 21, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
mame2003 is a complete joke,  I started to filter my game list and noticed that over 100 broken games,  but those same games do work on mame2010

Michael Jackson moon Walker  --> parent does not work,  but the clone game works???????????
the majority of Capcom games don't work,

I set mame2010 as my default emulator  *you will need to rebuild your roms to MAME 0.139
games that don't work on MAME are run on the Lr-Fbalpha core
NegoGeo MVS runs on FBA
Most of the Capcom games --> FBA
Cave  --> FBA
Poly Master Games --> FBA

I only have the Williams games running on MAME2003,  as you know Williams game need to generate a cfg file (when you first load a game).
they don't do that when you run them on MAME2010

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10