Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
YES!!! great suggestion, now it's perfect! can't thank you enough! :D
just out of curiosity, why am i the only one having this problem? is there some configs that my mac can't read?
now back to renaming!  8)

Nice! Looks much better.

I think this problem would appear for anyone with this type of cabinet and a generic "placeholder" image. It's a result of assuming a consistent placement for the marquee, then having cabinets of varying height. Now that you mention it, I think I did see this problem once. But in my case I removed that generic image. I suppose another option would be to make a generic cabinet that includes the marquee, making the placeholder marquee unnecessary.
Ok, then how about this: Make a transparent image, and name it to match the problem rom (for each of the ones with shorter cabinets). That way it should show nothing behind the marquee area, but only for these cabinets.

YES!!! great suggestion, now it's perfect! can't thank you enough! :D
just out of curiosity, why am i the only one having this problem? is there some configs that my mac can't read?
now back to renaming!  8)
Themes / Re: Arcadeflow theme v 13.2 [Release] Updated 11 May 2022
« Last post by zpaolo11x on May 11, 2022, 12:01:38 AM »
Arcadeflow 13.2 is out!

- Scraping matches roms regardless of WHDLoad version
- Fixed bug with customised utility menu

http://www.mixandmatch.it/AF#132
Ok, then how about this: Make a transparent image, and name it to match the problem rom (for each of the ones with shorter cabinets). That way it should show nothing behind the marquee area, but only for these cabinets.
Yes, in the picture I’ve posted you can see the “general” arcade marquee behind the cab, but if i remove that image (mame.png) then I won’t have any marquee for the cabinets where I actually don’t have the respective marquee’s rom.
It is like my marquee are always in the same position , and it is perfect for the classics shape cabinets, or the big white ones because they are covered behind , the only “problem” is with the cabinets that don’t cover all the screen.
I will check tomorrow the scraper folder, thanks again for the great work! I will post any updates
Hi, can you please help me, i’ve installed the theme on mac, everything is working fine, except for the games in the atomiswave or naomi white cabinets, i can see my old marquee behind the cab, any idea how to fix this? I will still use it if it’s not possible, the theme is amazing! Thanks

I've got an idea what is going wrong there. First of all, there is a designated space for showing the game's marquee, and many of the cabinet images include a blank (transparent) space there so that the marquee can show through from behind. But other cabinets (like the one's you're referencing I think) include that marquee as part of the cabinet, so the separate marquee image (not really needed in that case) will just show behind it and normally be hidden. But then we run into a smaller cabinet like this example, and the marquee shows around the top and sides because the marquee region isn't really covered.

So I think that explains the main issue, but the remaining bit is where does that image come from. I'm assuming there is no marquee file matching that rom name, so AttractMode starts looking elsewhere. Most likely it is finding a match for the emulator name or the display name (guessing something like mame.jpg). That image might be in the marquee directory, but it could also be in some other less obvious location. If I recall, I had a problem like that where the image was actually within the scraper directory.

I'd suggest looking around for that file, probably named the same as the emulator or display, and renaming it. If no substitute marquee image can be located, I think it will just be left blank and that should solve the issue.
Absolute killer layout. Works like a charm in MacOS, whereas gtc-common has to be installed in the .attract directory. Works on MacOS flawlessly. Thank you, this is pure joy  8). The changing cabinets drive me crazy  ;D.
Hi, can you please help me, i’ve installed the theme on mac, everything is working fine, except for the games in the atomiswave or naomi white cabinets, i can see my old marquee behind the cab, any idea how to fix this? I will still use it if it’s not possible, the theme is amazing! Thanks
Emulators / Re: Please help me to install retroarch on mac
« Last post by progets on May 09, 2022, 01:00:01 AM »
Maybe something like this
Code: [Select]
args                 -f -L /library/application support/retroarch/cores/stella.libretro "[romfilename]"

or this
Code: [Select]
args                 -f -L "/library/application support/retroarch/cores/stella.libretro" "[romfilename]"

Show your entire .cfg file, you might have other issues as well.
Emulators / Please help me to install retroarch on mac
« Last post by Erg4zz4 on May 08, 2022, 01:35:21 AM »
Hello, after reading and trying everything i’m going crazy to get retroarch to run via am.
Everywhere it says that the arguments string should be:
 /applications/retroarch.app/contents/cores/“stella.lybretro”
But my cores are not there, i have them in:
/library/application support/retroarch/cores/“stella.lybretro”
Anyway both locations won’t work, i have as well the -L and [romfilename] commands.
The games run fine in retroarch.
Mame is working fine in am.
What should I have in command arguments?
Thank you in advance!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10