Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Im usually pretty good at sorting out things on my own, but between being a novice with pis, and attractmode together, im kind of getting nowhere since i dont know my exact problem. I installed attractmode from the official image, and updated it to fix a few issues with the mmal video not working. As im ticking off some issues, im up to mame. Ive placed my roms in the arcade folder. Im using the 0.78 romset. Ive read up on different mame programs working for some games better than others. Ideally id like to have all the roms on my pc arcade build on here.. without going on and on to get to the point, what is the best way to use mame with attract mode on the pi. Do some people filter list for certain games and apply them to one main program like advanced mame and then another list for another mame version? I obtained the .78 ROMs because I've read that that's the most compatible with the lr-2003 mame. Ive placed my roms in /home/pi/retropie/roms/arcade. In AM tab settings I go to configure emulators then go to Mame libretro and added my rom path. I was able to generate the game list, and my games and wheels appear fine. When i load a game, i get the grey screen asking to press a button to configure the rom as my other emulators do, but then goes back to the menu. I'm sure there's some text files or settings I can supply so please let me know what might help. I tend to write super long paragraphs LOL and I'm sorry for that. In short I'm basically just looking for the best way to install and run Mame within my attract mode. Which emulator to use, how to get the most working games, etc. Please let me know any information I can provide to help and thank you very much.
Scripting / Scale Animation issue
« Last post by kent79 on Today at 05:09:18 PM »
Dear All,

I have some trouble on adding as below animation. Please see the video of issue. I don't why the snap video is becoming smaller while switching faster. Please help me. Thanks. 

animation.add( PropertyAnimation( snap_t,         {property = "scale", start = 0, end = 1, time = 200}));   

https://youtu.be/0eOEYz2lm0w
General / adding art to steam?
« Last post by tracedarkwind on Today at 02:15:40 PM »
I've been searching now for a couple days and I know how to add art for emulators and the roms, but not entirely sure how to add art for steam games.  I would be very grateful of any help.

Trace
General / Re: Games With Interstitial Screens/Pop-Ups
« Last post by YellowBirdAZ on Today at 06:50:50 AM »
Turns out it was just a case where I was too tired to see the obvious.

Basically, all of the non-emulated games are launched with AHK scripts. I do this because I am using a CRT, and I want to run them in their "native" resolutions, so I include commands to change the screen resolution before the game launches, and to change it back before returning to AM.

(I could use batch files or Perl or anything else I suppose, but AHK is handy because I can also include key re-mapping when I need to customize the controls.)

So all of these scripts basically follow this recipe...

- Load the correct IPAC or VJoy profile
- Set the correct resolution
- Run the game (with the RunWait command)
- Reset the IPAC profile to default (or turn off VJoy)
- Reset the resolution to default (in my case, 320x240)

I use RunWait to run the game so that the last two steps don't happen until you actually close out of the game.

What happened with my Slain script was that I didn't use RunWait when I launched the game. (I think I thought I couldn't because the interstitial.)

It is worth nothing though... to get around the interstitial problem I had to spawn a second AHK script from the first one. The first one pretty much follows the recipe above, but adds a step just before the game launch where it runs the secondary script (literally Run, not RunWait). The secondary script just waits for the Slain configuration pop-up to appear (using WinWaitActive), and when it does it sends a left mouse click to the "Play!" button and then exits.

When I tried doing all this in a single script it didn't work. It hangs on the pop-up.

Anyhow, it works now, and maybe someone who runs into this issue later will find this helpful.

I see some layouts with "click" sounds but only using wheel module.
I want to add a "click.mp3" sound when I select a new game but with for example the "Basic" layout.
Tried this example:

Code: [Select]
function transition_callback(ttype, var, ttime)
{
    switch ( ttype )
    {
        //case Transition.StartLayout:
case Transition.ToNewSelection:
                 local Wheelclick = fe.add_sound("Click.mp3")
Wheelclick.playing=true
            break;
    }
    return false;
}

http://forum.attractmode.org/index.php?topic=221.0

But doesnt work.

UPDATE: Solved found the solution on fry theme , thanks @jedione

function fade_transitions( ttype, var, ttime ) {
 switch ( ttype ) {
  case Transition.ToNewSelection:
  case Transition.ToNewList:
local Wheelclick = fe.add_sound("Click.mp3")
      Wheelclick.playing=true
  break;
  }
 return false;
}

fe.add_transition_callback( "fade_transitions" );
Scripting / Re: [Plugin WIP] SumatraPDF reader (only for windows)
« Last post by qqplayer on Today at 04:31:20 AM »
Can you post some screen capture?
I mean you need the "SumatraPDF.bat" alongside the attract.exe
"SumatraPDF.exe" inside the module folder...

UPDATE: Working on a fresh install.

Im going to put two screenshots , maybe this can help.

Enable plugin

Add custom 1 key to launch Sumatrapdf

Scripting / Re: [Plugin WIP] SumatraPDF reader (only for windows)
« Last post by kent79 on Yesterday at 08:57:39 PM »
Just for testing , ONLY WORK ON WINDOWS BUILD.

Its really easy to use , just decompress in the main AM folder.
Download Sumatrapdf portable.

https://www.sumatrapdfreader.org/dl/SumatraPDF-3.1.2.zip

Put exe on "plugins\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe"

And pdf manuals like:

plugins\SumatraPDF\Game Manuals\Atari 2600\Basketball (USA).pdf

Changing "Atari 2600" for your emulator name.

*IMPORTANT* Decompress on the main AM instalation folder.

P.D. Maybe someone with more "squirrel skills" can improve the code and add the manual image found.
I´ve tried but failed  :(

Not working. Is it missing any instruction ?
Scripting / Re: Display Specific Screensaver
« Last post by kent79 on Yesterday at 08:56:45 PM »
Does anyone know if its possible to make each display have its own video screensaver? When using a video with screensaver.nut, it shows the same screensaver on every display.

Create artwork folder. Change each display video name as your systems name. Then put its all in  artwork folder.
Scripting / Display Specific Screensaver
« Last post by caminiti45 on Yesterday at 02:47:55 PM »
Does anyone know if its possible to make each display have its own video screensaver? When using a video with screensaver.nut, it shows the same screensaver on every display.
Themes / Re: NxL theme! [Release] new video!2-4-2017 Update
« Last post by hursit on Yesterday at 01:12:15 PM »
Hi atrfate,

I bypassed RLUI/PCLauncher by using this very simple windows_games.cfg to launch a game directly, and still got the same issue. So it doesn't appear to be related to RLUI after all.

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.0-1
#
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\NesicaXlive\Games\windows_games
romext               .lnk;.bat;
system               PC
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    flyer           $HOME/windows_games/boxart
artwork    marquee         
artwork    snap            $HOME/windows_games/videos;$HOME/windows_games/snap
artwork    wheel           

Hello
ı made like this.
Games are starting with this method but the attractmode is still working at the backround, and you can hear the music of the Snap Videos.
I mean normally when you enter the game attractmode menu is paused and you only can play the game. But with this method, it is still working backround. there will be 2 sounds. Game sound and menu sound.
What should i do ?

# Generated by Attract-Mode v2.2.1
#
executable           cmd
args                 /c "[romfilename]"
rompath              C:\Games\Nesica\LINKS
romext               .lnk;.bat
system               Nesica
info_source          thegamesdb.net
artwork    Flyer           C:\NesicaXlive\menu-art\Nesica\Flyer
artwork    Logo            C:\NesicaXlive\menu-art\Nesica\Logo
artwork    Video           C:\NesicaXlive\menu-art\Nesica\Videos